Strawberry tart is one of my favorite dessert (with this one too) and I love combining it with a pistachio cream as these 2 flavors match together perfectly.
So I couldn't help but making one last wee-end for one of our friend's birthday and it was such a delight. This tart is so ridiculously easy to make but this is also what I am seeking while cooking: ease and taste.
N.B: Ingredients are for a classic size tart. If you want to make a bigger one such as on the pictures double quantities below.
200 gr flour
100 gr cold butter
20 gr water
20 gr sugar
1 tsp salt
100 gr non-salty pistachio (buy them into an organic shop or fine grocery to have the maximum of flavor)
50 gr almond powder
80 gr sugar
10 gr butter
15 cl single cream
lot of fresh strawberries !!!
* Start with the dough. Preheat oven on 170°C.
* Mix the diced cold butter with flour with your hands until sandy.
* Make a hole in the center and put the water, salt and egg in. Knead with your hands adding the flour little by little.
* Quickly finish kneading to dough on a floured area, it has to be lightly sticky.
* Flat down the dough with your hand palm until it is 4 cm thick, wrap it up with plastic wrap and set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (or 15 in freezer).
* Cut a baking paper piece slightly bigger than your tart mold. Place the cold dough on it and flatten it down until it is few millimeters thick with a lightly floured rolling pin.
* Make holes all over the dough with a fork and place it into the tart mold (covered with an extra baking paper sheet if needed), face with holes under and baking paper on top.
* Cover the top of the tart with baking weights and cook for 20 minutes. Take the baking weights away and bake for an extra 10 minutes.
* Allow the tart dough to cool down completely.
* Make the pistachio cream starting mixing the pistachio, almond powder and sugar into a blender until it makes a compact mixture.
* Pour it into a big bowl, add the eggs and stir well.
* Add the single cream, mix.
* Place the pistachio cream into a pan and bring to the boil stirring constantly.
* Boil the mixture for 1 minute (2 minutes maximum) keeping stirring.
* Allow to cool down at room temperature, then cover with plastic wrap and set in the fridge for 15 minutes or so.
* When its cold spread it all over the tart crust, cover with fresh strawberries (don't forget to cut the tails!) and serve !
P.S: don't forget to vote for my picture on Antik Batik Facebook page to maybe win one of the brand accessory ! Contest ends Monday 6th of May, be quick and thanks a lot for the support!
... FOLLOW ME ON ...