Morning bread with roasted almonds, dryed apricots and orange-flower water.
Probably one of the best recipe during this holiday time: a generous home-made bread to share with your beloved ones on a lazy sunday morning.
It is even better dipped in a hot chocolate...
3 1/2 all purpose-floor
1 cup milk
2 packets active dry yeast
1 egg + 1 yolk
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 stick unsalted butter, diced and at room temperature
2 Tsp salt
1 Tbs orange-flower water
4 oz cup dried apricots, diced
4 oz almonds
* Heat up the milk until it is luckwarm, then add the yeast and 2 Tsp from your sugar and mix to combine. Set aside until the mixture is frothy.
* In a large bowl, mix together the dried ingredients (floor - sugar - salt).
* Add the milk/yeast/sugar mixture, the egg and the orange-flower water and mix until it forms a rough dough.
* On an unfloured surface, start kneading the dough until it gets almost non-sticky.
* Then start incoporating the butter until it forms a smooth ball (around 8 to 10 minutes).
* Place the dough back into the bowl, cover with a cloth and leave in a warm place until it double size (around 2 hours).
* Heat up your oven to 150°C and roast your almonds on a baking tray for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
* Preheat your oven to 180°C.
* Once the dough has risen, turn it out on a floured surface and add the roasted almonds and dried figs. Knead to spread them well in the dough.
* Place the dough on a non-sticking baking tin, glaze with the egg-yolk and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Let Her Go - Passenger.
Close your eyes, let it go...
I was dreaming of a white Christmas, but got instead a summer one. Well, finally having a beautiful sun, a bright blue sky and enjoying our Christmas foie gras outside with my family was not that bad.
More pictures this week, stay tuned.
Sunday JourneyWinter trip.
Im not a big fan of January & February. It feels like it take ages for Spring coming. So, to make these two month more pleasant, we've planed several few days trip: Biarritz, Portugal, Annecy and Paris.
I have never been that excited about starting the year!
Sunday WardrobeA closet affair.
I just can't wait to clean up my messy closet and try to get something that looks like this picture!
Sunday BeautySpring lipstick.
I think I have (already) found my new spring lipstick...
Guerlain - Rouge Automatique n°231.
A nice way to customize stairs step I would love to try at my place.
Just add a stunning faux fur jacket and your look is done !