As some are searching for the perfect LBD or for the perfects boots (I belong to these 2 groups), others are seeking for the perfect chocolate cake or muffin recipe. Well, I'm glad to announce I have found this last one.
You know the one which is both soft and humid, full of flavors and light at the same time. Yeah, you know which one I am talking about. That perfect muffin.
First it was just a quick breakfast I was trying to make before rushing at work and it ending up becoming the best muffins I have ever ate.
Makes around 15 muffins:
220 gr flour
60 gr oat flakes
1/2 dry yeast packet
1 tsp baking soda
100 gr caster sugar
50 cl almond milk
40 gr coconut oil
1 generous tbsp chia seeds
Don't forget to add the filling according to your taste: diced fruits, dried fruits, nuts, chocolate chips... be creative !
* In an otherlarge bowl stir together the egg, melted coconut oil and almond milk until well combined.
* Pour the dry ingredients into the egg-coconut oil-almond milk mixture (in this order, this is very important !) and quickly stir with the wooden spoon. You want to keep your dough liquid with plenty of lumps (oh yeah!).
* Add the filling of your choice, stir and finally add the chia seeds and stir one more time.
* Cover the bowl with plastic paper and set into the fridge overnight: it will allow the yeast to get activated and the chia seeds to thicken.
* Preheat the oven on 200°C and when the temperature is reached pour the dough into muffins tins and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a tooth-pick inserted in the center comes out clear.
* Serve warm or at room temperature !
... FOLLOW ME ON ...