Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Summer Salad #1 :: Food


As almost everyone, there is some food I don't like and as its what we can call "every-day food" I have taken the advantage of it to be more creative while cooking.

While I have some of my friends that don't get how I can not like or live without eating fresh tomatoes, seafood and soft-cheese (which are the food I really don't like), I am not considering this as as a big problem for me.
Actually it's quite the contrary as reinventing basic recipes with other ingredients has become a game for me I truly enjoy and makes me cook original meals trying new combination of flavors.
I though it would be fun to share some of them with you, above all when it comes with summer salads as I noticed we are always tempted to cook the same (tomatoes-ham-boiled eggs-lettuce), and let's start with this delicious lamb's lettuce, strawberries, mozzarella, Parma ham, pesto and grilled almonds !

Eat it as is it for lunch or serve it with a grilled meat for a BBQ original sider (take the ham out in this case).



You need (no specific quantities are required, its depend on how big your want your salad to be):

lamb's lettuce
thin slices of Parma ham
strawberries
mozzarella cheese
flaked almonds
basil pesto and olive oil


* Heat a frying pan on medium heat and dry-roast the almonds until golden. Set aside and allow to cool.
* Dice the ham and strawberries.
* Wash and rince the lamb's lettuce leaves.
* Place the all of these into a large bowl.
* Dilute the basil pesto with a little bit of olive oil. It's optional, but I prefer as the basil pesto will be easier to toss this way.
* Add the pesto to the salad and gently toss to combine.
* Add the roasted almonds and serve !







... FOLLOW ME ON ...

Facebook :: Pinterest :: Instagram (@une_touche_de_rose)

No comments:

Post a Comment