Sunday RecipePull-apart bread.
The pull-apart bread is, for me, one of the most friendly meal you can serve on a sunday morning table:
What can beat a warm savory, soft and tasty pre-cut bread that every one can pick up a slice of ?
Then arrive the most difficult part: choosing between mapple sirup (my fav'), honey, wiped cream, chocolate spread or fresh fruits to serve with it.
450 gr flour
50 gr sugar
2 sachets instant yeast
1/2 tbs fleur de sel
35 gr butter
155 gr milk
55 gr water
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
128 gr caster sugar
2 tbs cinnamon
1 tsp grated nutmeg
* Mix the flour, sugar and salt.
* Combine milk and butter in a small saucepan and heat until the butter is melted.
* Set aside and add the instant yeast, mix quickly to combine and wait 5 minutes or until foamy.
* Add the milk mixture, water, vanilla extract and eggs to the flour mixture and mix until getting a smooth ball of dough.
* On a well-floured area knead your dough adding 1 tbs flour at time until it gets elastic, tacky but not sticky.
* Transfer the dough into a bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk (takes 1 hour).
* Meanwhile, heat in a small saucepan the butter until melted. Mix the caster sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg to combine.
* Transfer the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll it out into an approximately 20 x 12 inch rectangle.
* Brush the dough with the melted butter and spread the sugar mixture all over.
* Cut the dough into 6 stripes, stack them on top of each other and cut again into 6 equals slices.
* Place them into a loaf pan filled with baking paper, cover and let rise while pre-heating your oven on 175° Celsius.
* Bake for 20-25 minutes and let cool a bit before eating (well, if you manage to...).
Sunday MusicAlt-J - Matilda.
Mix'n match of spring colors on our bed (with the faux-fur blanket, its still a bit chill).
Details of a cute Mexican hotel.
Lovely paint from the artist Lois Mailou Jones.
Mytic, Mellow Yellow.
Does it happen often to you, this intense need to have a sold-out piece of a past season while you had so many chances to buy it ? Well, it happens too many times to me.
And I am currently desperately looking for these pair of mirror shoes from Mellow Yellow, called Mytic (Size 37). Damn...
Sunday DecoHeart vase - lovestar.
Love these heart vases from lovestar.
You can shop them here.
To Vinte or not to Vine?
Well, is Vine worth to try and go to ? If you have any advices or opinion about it I would love to ear about them !
Sunday Tea Party
My tea stock is almost empty and I need to get some new. As Mariage Frères ones have been in high rotation since last years, I would love to give a try to new brands such as Kusmi Tea or Lov Organic.
Which one do you recommend ?
In case you missed it, there is currently a little contest on my Facebook fan page where you can win an item form my Etsy shop. But not one at random, the one YOU WILL CHOSE.
So go and have look, it ends next tuesday 20th of February !
Sunday Traveltraveling sweater should arrive in Hawaii soon... Can't wait to see how Tara, from Lady Slider blog, is going to style it !
Le Simone blog.
Well guys, if you don't know this amazing beauty blog, Le Simone Blog, is not too late to rush and have a look, laugh, learn easy & saving beauty tips thanks to the cute and so funny french girl Simone. No, really, its not too late.
But you have been warned: its addictive.
Perfect casual look.
... FOLLOW ME ON ...